Once Again, Everything is Beautiful at Astral Academy
Okay, we know we just reported on this, but Modus Games and Frozenbyte pulled a Scott Cawthon and released Trine 4: Melody of Mystery unexpectedly. Yeah, it’s only out for PC, but it’s still out–and we now have tentative release dates for the other platforms, too. This story-driven DLC expansion sees the Heroes of Trine Amadeus, Pontius, and Zoya return to the magic school Astral Academy for a new adventure. Someone has gotten the student body trapped in their dreams, and the heroes must travel into those dreams in order to wake them. The result is a gorgeous, stylized, side-scrolling adventure in stunning 2.5D. Solve puzzles, battle foes, and navigate surreal dreamscapes in order to save the kids.
The DLC pack includes:
- 6 all-new and exciting levels set in strange and unpredictable dream worlds
- New music tracks to accompany the levels and story
- Full voice acting and localizations
- New upgrades for the heroes’ skills: Freezing Blink, Explosive Objects, Ricochet Arrows, Hazard Trail, Leaping Lightning, and Charged Dream Shield
- New gameplay with ice, torches, magnets and crystals
Does that sound like a good time to you? It sure does to us! But maybe we’re biased by the pretty graphics and smooth-looking gameplay. Look, sometimes you just wanna play as a classic D&D style adventuring party and explore pastel worlds of clouds and giant ice cream. They’re giving you the option to balance on top of a giant rolling cabbage! We all have weaknesses. Is that so wrong?
Trine 4: Melody of Mystery is now available on PC for $7.99 USD and will arrive on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One for Spring 2021.