Exit the Gungeon Makes Its ps4/Xbox One Debut With Best Update Ever–Doggo Pets
Earlier this week, Exit the Gungeon publisher, Devolver Digital announced the latest update to the game, Hello to Arms. The update was set to coincide with the PS4 and Xbox One release of the game on November 13th, aka today!
To celebrate the release of the latest update and PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game, Devolver has released an overview of the update, announcing that yes, you can finally pet the dog–an update that was previously made to the game’s predecessor, Enter the Gungeon.
In other, less important news about the update, we have a comprehensive overview of the new modes and features added to the game.
· Arsenal Mode: A new toggle-able game mode in which weapons will be available as loot as well as for purchase in shops. Any number of these weapons can be held in addition to the Blessed gun, and can be used at any time. These additional carried guns have limited ammunition, which can be replenished by finding ammo pickups (exclusively in Arsenal Mode). This mode was designed to be more reminiscent of Enter the Gungeon’s gun management.
· Shop Hubs: Bello’s shop has been expanded and now can be accessed twice per floor, allowing players more choice over when and how to spend their currency. This shop replaces the normal mid-floor room, in addition to its normal appearance after the boss. The shop has several doors to optional combat and NPC rooms that can be explored for loot or skipped. This should result in an overall increase in itemization for players who explore all rooms, as well as providing a source for weapon drops when playing in Arsenal Mode.
Other New Features
· A new optional boss, the Glocktopus
· A new NPC, the Ledge Goblin, and her minigame
· Several new guns and items
Source Press Release