1. Tony Romo is already the very best analyst within the NFL, however now he is including “nice talk-show visitor” to his résumé.
The previous Cowboys quarterback appeared on Thursday’s Late Present With Stephen Colbert and introduced the warmth.
Colbert opened the interview by asking Romo why he did not get into broadcasting sooner since he is so good at it. The change shortly became a roast session.
Colbert: You do an incredible job at it, and there aren’t 300-pound males speeding at you attempting to pulverize your femur. Did it ever happen to you that it is best to’ve converted sooner?
Romo: The truth that you stated “femur,” you misplaced me. You gotta perceive, I went to Jap Illinois, so I do not know these large phrases you are speaking about.
Colbert: Actually? You have by no means seen Theismann’s femur plow the sector?
Romo: Wow, that was fairly good. about soccer a bit.
Colbert: Somewhat bit. I do know you are not Roger Staubach, buddy.
Romo: No query. You are not Johnny Carson.
The zinger impressed Colbert who jumped up and cheered.
Romo referenced Carson once more later within the interview when Colbert requested him whether or not sports activities can stay an escape for folks throughout these divisive instances.
“You are speaking to a sports activities man. Once I grew up, I by no means watched the information one time. I watched solely Johnny Carson, and when he was gone, everybody was horrible.”
Granted, you must be outdated like me to understand the Johnny Carson references, however these had been very stable pictures by Romo, and the complete interview is value a watch, as Romo additionally talks about soccer along with doing a little comedy.
2. Again in June, a Milwaukee man in some way walked into Miller Park and handled himself to a full day of enjoyable whereas having the Brewers’ stadium all to himself, which additionally led to $40,000 in damages—allegedly.
And now we have now the video of how the man spent his time on the sector.
3. Ryan Fitzpatrick was feeling himself after he led the Dolphins to a win over the Jaguars on Thursday evening. Throughout an interview with NFL Community, he despatched a message to all the women on the market whereas praising his chest hair.
4. Jerry Seinfeld, who despatched this tweet Thursday evening to Mets play-by-play man Gary Cohen, wants a sports activities media column.
5. Congrats are to ensure that Joel Embiid, who want to have 12 kids.
6. Olympian Rulon Gardner is clearing up a false impression about his time on The Greatest Loser.
7. Legendary broadcaster Dan Patrick is the visitor on the the most recent episode of the SI Media Podcast. Patrick opened up a couple of critical sickness that left him with reminiscence loss and melancholy, and he talked about leaving ESPN three years too late, the scary prospect of constructing his personal model, the artwork of the interview, Howard Stern’s inspiring the Danettes and rather more.
8. RANDOM VIDEO OF THE DAY: Generally you want a bit Larry and Susie.
9. SPORTS VIDEO OF THE DAY: Vince Carter gave us one of many all-time dunks 20 years in the past right now.
Remember to catch up on past editions of Traina Thoughts and take a look at the Sports activities Illustrated Media Podcast hosted by Jimmy Traina on Apple, Spotify or Stitcher. You can too comply with Jimmy on Twitter and Instagram.